3 Feb 2014

Tong Tong 0001

Hello!
Today I will be posting two 7inches, "mini elpeetjes" ;)
The first one is released by the Tong Tong Foundation. It was their first record and I think they were trying something new and modern.
They made an excellent choice in my opinion.
Side a is a take on the traditional song Terang Boelan. (you can find more information about the song on wikipedia

I love this version! It's a very up-tempo and cheerful tune.
Side b is the story of Sleeping Beauty told in Dutch-Indonesian.
It's been told with such passion, even though you might not understand a word, it is fun to listen to. (sometimes it even looks like he's saying words backwards)
On the backside of the sleeve is all the info in Dutch about the release.

I have to say that I am very proud of having this record.
It was one of the first Dutch-Indonesian related records i bought and it's still my favourite. 

I've posted both sides about 2 years ago on youtube
Terang Boelan
Doornroosje op zijn Indisch
(I don't know why the Sleeping Beauty story got a thumb down:(

for the mp3's:

Tong Tong 0001




No comments:

Post a Comment