11 Feb 2014

The Tielman Brothers - Maria/Marabunta

The Tielman Brothers are the best known Indo-rock band there is.
These brothers absolutely rocked bigtime in de sixties!
In this video you see them going wild on stage.  They had such a great energy it makes me wish I was there in the crowd.

I could write all there is to know about them, or Indo-rock in general, in this post but I'm not going to.
If you want to know more about The Tielman Brothers you can find a lot of info on Andy Tielman's wiki page, 
this website has a good overview of their discography 
and a bit about indo-rock here.

This 7" is from their heydays.
On the a-side is a cover of Maria, the West Side Story ballad. 
On the b-side is Marabunta, an awesome Indo-rock tune.
Unfortunately I don't have the original sleeve, but I am sure you can get it from discogs or one of the other websites I linked to:)

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment